Professor, Doctoral tutor，Department of Geology, Northwest University
Office: +86 29 88307671
Fax: +86 29 8830 4789
Address:NorthwestUniversity, Department of Geology,
No.229North Taibai Road,
Areas of Expertise:
Sedimentary Basins Analysis, Sedimentology of Reservoir, Reservoir Evaluation and Predication, Oil & gas Exploitation and Enhanced Recovery.
Porfessor Liu’s research and teaching interests center on sedimentology of reservior and oil & gas exploration and exploitation. Mainly included the following aspects: 1) Applying the theories of reservior geology to the oil and gas exploration and exploitation. Studying the sedimentary characteristics of reservior, relationships among lithology, logging properties, physical properties and oil-bearing properties to evaluted the reservior and predicate the distribution of oil and gas. Using diagenesis to reservior geology research. 2) Applying the theories and methods to the development of oil and gas field. Adjusting the dynamic performance of oil and gas fields to reduce water production and increse the oil production. Arranging the development methods to enhance oil and gas recovery. 3) Applying the relative theories of sedimentology into the exploration and exploitation of oil and gas. Using sequence stratigraphy to classify and compare stratum sequences, to buildup isochronous frameworks and models, to forecast the facies, to recovery the palaeogeographic environments, and then to predict the distribution of potential source-reservoir-seal assemblages on the basis of system tracts. 4) Using the theories and methods of sedimentology and sequence stratigraphy to sedimentary basins analysis. Through the changes of tectonism, eustatism, sources supply and paleoclimate to study the evolution of sedimentary basins.
Current Research Programs & Projects:
1. Fundamental geology research and design of Water injection in Shuangcheng oil region, Hengshan. (￥500，000)
2. Study of control factors affecting high production of Chang81 reservior in Zhenjing area. (￥200，000)
3. Research of reservior characteristics and four porperty relationships of Chang81 inZhenjing area. (￥200，000)
4. Calculation of the newly proved reserves of petroleum in Shijiapan region, Wayaopu oilfield. (￥420，000)
5. Distribution of Chang4+5 sandstones and Comprehensive evaluation of reservoir. (￥450，000)
6. Evaluation and modeling of Chang8 reservoir in eastern Zhenjing area. (￥200，000)
7. Evaluation of Chang8 reservoir in northern Zhenjing area. (￥200，000)
8. Depositional systems of Chang6 to Chang8 stages in area of Sancha to Heqi. (￥300，000)
Education and research experience:
Liu Linyu, professor, borned in December 1965, ZiBoShandongProvince, graduated from Department of Geology, NorthwestUniversity, in 1988, and received his Ph. D of Oil-gas Ddevelopment from NorthwestUniversityin 2003. Now, he is mainly engaged in Sedimentology and Energy Geology research. He had undertaken more than 20 research projects from National 10th Five-Year Plan, 11th Five-Year Plan, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) , the Ministry of Education, PetroChina, Sinopec, and Yanchang oilfield Group and etc. After years of teaching and scientific research practices, he made a series of scientific achievements on sedimentology, oil-gas reservoir geology, oil-gas field development and hydrocarbon-accumulation geology, including: (1) Put forward the conception of “effective clastic rock” , make deep study in the formation of effective clastic rock, later reconstruction and its influences on the rulers of hydrocarbon existence which enriched the theories of reservior geology; (2) Mak further study in the origins of secdonary pores and put forword the main influences on reservoir pore textures; (3) Study the relation between diagenetic transformation of clay minerals and reservior proverities of clastic rocks. Carry out ” a new type of the transformation of clay minerals ” which enriched the theories of sedimentology of reservior; (4) Analyze the origins of the secondary pores in clastic, carry out a new method of ” Predicting the zones of secondary pores according to the quantitative parameters of authigenic minerals in clastic rocks” which enriched the theories of oil-gas field development.
1. “Comprehensive research of Petroliferous basins and petroleum systems”. Second Prize of Natural Science by Ministry of Education in 2002 year.
2. “Mapping of areal geology and comprehensive translation of geophysical prospecting profiles”. First Prize of Science and Technology Advancement by the Board of Education of Shannxi province in 1997 year. ( Participant);
3. “Tectonic features and origins of south margin of Bogurda Montain”. Second Prize of Science and Technology Advancement by the Board of Education of Shannxi province in 1997 year. ( Participant);
4. “Evaluation and prediction of reservior in Turpan -HamiBasin”. Second Prize of Science and Technology Advancement by the Board of Education of Shannxi province in 1997 year. ( Participant);
5. “Sedimentary system research of Turpan -HamiBasin”. Third Prize of Science and Technology Advancement by the Board of Education of Shannxi province in 1998 year. ( Participant);
6. “Secondary pores in Mesozoic sandstones, Turpan -HamiBasin”. The Best Paper Award of No. Five Natrual Science of Shannxi province in 1997 year.
Undergraduate : Crystal optics and Petrology
Graduate: Principles of Sedimentology
Sedimentology of Reservior
Progress on Petrology (Sedimentology part )
Books and teaching materials:
1. Chief Editor.2012. Crystal Optics and Petrology. Beijing: Geology Publishing House. Textbook of National 11th Five-Year Plan.
2. Participant. 2010. Crystal optics and petrology practice tutorial.Beijing:Higher Education Press.
3.Teaching materials for undergraduate:Crystaloptics and sedimentary rocks practice tutorial.
4. Teaching materials for graduate: Principles of sedimentology.
1.Liu Linyu.2009. The study of reservoirs characteristic and authentic sandstone micromodel. Journal of Northwest University (Natural Science Edition), 39(4)
2.Liu Linyu.2009. The microanisotropy study of Chang 3 reservoirs in Baibao area. Journal of Northwest University (Natural Science Edition), 39(2)
3.Liu Linyu. 2008. The diagenesis and lapidofacies of Yanchang formation Chang3 reservoirs in Baibao Area. Journal of Northwest University (Natural Science Edition), 38(1)
4.Liu Linyu. 2008. Micro-anisotropic Experimental Analysis on Chang-8 Sandstone in Xifeng Area of OrdosBasin. Rock And Mineral Analysis, 27(1)
5.Liu Linyu. 2008. Applying authentic sandstone micromodel to the study of microanisotropy of Chang 8 sandstone in Jingchuan area ofOrdosbasin. Earth Science Frontiers(China University of Geosciences，Beijing；Peking University), 15(1)
6.Liu Linyu，Wang Zhenliang，Zhang Long. 2006. Sandstone Diagenesis and the Influence on Chang 3 Reservoir of Zhenbei Area,OrdosBasin. Acta Sedimentologica Sinica, 24(5)
7.Liu Linyu. 2006. Chang 81 Sandstone Diagenesis and the Influence on Chang 81 Reservoir of South Area of Baima,OrdosBasin. Acta Geologica Sinica, 80(5)
8.Liu Linyu，Zhang Long. 2006. The damp fans, rivers and lakes sedimentary systems and the deposit of fan march, river marsh and lake march: takingYanqiBasinas an example. Journal of Northwest University (Natural Science Edition), 36(2)
9.Liu Linyu.2004. Reform in Experimental Teaching and Multimedia Courseware Making for Sedimentary Petrology. Higher Education Of Sciences, (3)
10.Liu Linyu. 2004. Deepening Teaching Reform and Establishing a Teaching System for Sedimentology. Higher Education Of Sciences, (4)
11.Liu Linyu. 2004. Analysis of water production characteristics of carbonate gas reservoirs. Oil & Gas Geology, 25(3)
12.Liu Linyu，Han Xiaoqin，Qu Zhihao. 2002. Anisotropy in the clastic reservoir rock of Shahai Formation in Zhangqiang Sag. Journal of Northwest University (Natural Science Edition), 32(6)
13.Liu Linyu，Liu Yiqun，Li Wenhou. 2002. Sedimentation and Diagenesis Of Delta in Taibei Sag Of Turfan-HamiBasin. Oil & Gas Geology, 23(4)
14.Lin Linyu，Di Shixiang. 1999. Diagenesis Of Reservoirs in Bazhou Depression,MinheBasin. Oil & Gas Geology, 20(1)
15.Liu Linyu. 1998. A Case Analysis Of Abnormal Conversion Of Smectite Clay Mineral. Acta Mineralogica Sinica, 18(2)
16.Liu Linyu. 1998. Analysis on Influencing Factors of Solution-Type Secondary Pore-Evolution in Clastic Reservoirs. Acta Sedimentologica Sinica, 16(2)
17.Liu Linyu，Liu YiQun. 1998. Property and Diagenitic Significance of AuthigenicClay Mineral in Upper and Middle Jurassic ClasticRock of Tulufan Depression,Xinjiang. Acta Petrologica Sinica, 14(2)；Embodied by SCI
18.Liu Linyu，Liu YiQun. 1998. Sedimentation And Diagenesis Of Qiketai Formation in North TurpanDepression. Oil & Gas Geology, 19(3)
19.Liu Linyu，Qu Zhihao. 1998. Properties of Clay Mineral of Clastic Rock in Shanshan Oil Field,Xinjiang. Journal of Northwest University (Natural Science Edition), 28(5); Embodied by CA, 1999, July, Vol. 131(4)
20.Liu Linyu，Di Shixiang. 1997. Characteristics Of Middle Jurassic Sedimentation And Reservoir Pore Evolution in Turpan Depression. Oil & Gas Geology, 18(3)
21.Liu Linyu，Qu Zhihao. 1997. Capillary Pressure Characteristics of the Reservoirs from Shahai Formation in Zhangqiang Sag. Journal of Northwest University (Natural Science Edition), 27(6)
22.Liu Linyu. 1996. A Study on Secondary pores of the Mesozoic Sandstones in theTurpan-HamiBasin. Experimental Petroleum Geology, 18(3); Embodied by Abstracts on China’s Petroleum, 1997, Vol. 13
23.Liu Linyu. 1997. Study on Diagenesis of the Middle and Upper Jurassic Reservoir in Turpan Depression. Experimental Petroleum Geology, 19(2)
24.Liu Linyu，Liu Yiqun. 1997. Fracture Characters of Middle-Upper Jurassic Reservoirs in Northern Turpan-Hami Basins. Experimental Petroleum Geology, 19(4)
25.Liu linyu. 1996. A Study on Triassic Reservoir inTurpanHamiBasin. Journal ofNorthwestUniversity(Natural Science Edition). 30th International Geological Congress Memoir.
26.Liu Linyu. 1996. Study on the Physical Pfoperties of Mz and Cz Sandstone in Jiyuan Depression. Journal of Northwest University (Natural Science Edition), 25(6)