Name: Wanli Xie
Group: Geological Engineering
Present Address: Department of Geology, Northwest University, Xi’an, China, 710069
2001—2004 Department of Geology, Northwest University, Xi’an
Got Ph.D. in geological engineering in 2004
1999—2001 College of Electric Power Engineering, Kunming University of Science and Technology, Kunming
Got Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering in 2001
1993—1997 Department of Geological and Hydrological Engineering, Chang’an University, Xi’an
Got Bachelor’s degree in Geological and Hydrological Engineering in 1997
2004—present Department of Geology, Northwest University
State Key Laboratory of Continental Dynamics
Research areas: the Mechanism and Deformation of Reinforced Soil, Foundations, Engineering Properties of Soils, Soil Dynamics , Soil Slope Stability, Numerical Analysis by Finite Element.
1997—1999 The Thrid Survey and Exploration Company of Ministry of Geology & Mineral
Research areas: study on Soil Slope Stability and Foundations
- Key laboratory of western mineral resources and geological engineering of ministry of education“Research on dynamic triaxial tests for reinforced loess”(2011-2012) (Chairman)
- Supported by opening foundation of State Key Laboratory of Continental Dynamics， Northwest University “The anti-seismic technology of reinforced loess foundation treatment in the high-speed railway”(2010-2011)（Chairman）
- The analysis of tectonic evolution of ShanDan basin from the quaternary. (2010)（Chairman）
- The analysis of tectonic evolution of AnKang basin from the quaternary. (2011)（Chairman）
- Study of the collapsibility of the loess foundation under high pressure in Shanxi area. (2011-2012)（Chairman）
- National Natural Science Foundation of China “Research of loess subsidence caused by the action of long-lend, small amplitude vibration of high-speed railway ” (2009-2012) (Research backbone)
- National Ph.D programs Foundation of China “Research of Loess liquefaction Caused by the action of long-lend, small amplitude vibration of high-speed railway ” (2009-2012) (Research backbone)
- Study on the characteristics and the formation mechanism of the debris flow in Yan’an area Shannxi Province. (2010-2011) (Research backbone)
- Supported by special fund of Shannxi Province “Study on the formation mechanism of loess landslide in Jingyang area Shannxi Province”. (2010-2012) (Chairman)
- The study on dynamic properties of loess along Datong- Xi’an High-Speed Railway. (2009) (Research backbone)
- Natural Science Foundation of Shannxi Province “Finite element analysis and triaxial test research on strength and deformation of reinforced loess ” (2009-2012) (Chariman)
- National Natural Science Foundation of China “Research of loess landslide caused by the action of long-lend, small amplitude vibration of high-speed railway ” (2006-2008) (Research backbone)
- National Natural Science Foundation of China “Study on the characteristics of strength and deformation of reinforced loess ” (2006-2008) (Chairman)
- The key project of the Railway Ministry“Experimental research on the dynamic properties and design parameters of the collapsible loess foundation.” (2006-2007) (Research backbone)
- The scientific research projects of Northwest University “Study on the relationships of stress and strain of reinforced loess”(2005-2006) (Chairman)
- The key project of the ministry of education. “The research on compound mechanism of low angle loess slopes under the load of strong earthquake.”(2004-2006)(Research backbone)
- The scientific research projects of Shannxi Province . “Research on decision support system of disaster prevention and reduction of debris flow in Foping and NingShan area.” (2003-2005)(Research backbone)
- The West Traffic Construction Science and Technology Project. “The research on 3D geological model of the stability of subgrade in permafrost region” (2003-2005)(Research backbone)
- The key project of Shanxi Provincial Department of Communictions. “The analysis of deformation of high reinforced embankment in Huoxian Shanxi Province.” (2001-2004)(Research backbone)
- The key project of Natural Science Foundation of Shannxi Province. “The application of fuzzy neural network model in loess liquefaction evaluation.” (2001-2003)(Research backbone)
 XIE Wanli, ZHANG Lin hong, RUAN Li. Underpinning of Foundation and It’s Application. Journal of Kunming University of Science and Technology,2001, (2): 77-79.
 Zhang Linhong, Xie Wanli, Liu Rongpei. Properties of Stress and Strain of Rockfill under the Path of Equal Stress Ratio. Journal of Dam Observation and Geotechnical Tests, 2001, (4): 46-49.
 Zhang Linhong, Xie Wanli, Liu Rongpei. the Study of Coarse Materials Elastic-plastic Constitutive Relation Model. Journal of Geotechnical Engineering Technique，2002，（2）:95-99.
 XIE Wan-li, WANG Jia-ding, WANG Ya-ling. Triaxial Tests Study on Deformation and Strength Characteristics of Reinforced Loess. Advance in Earth Sciences, 2004, S1: 333-339.
XIE Wan-li, WANG Jia-ding. Application in Evaluation of stability of reinforced high embankment with Information Diffusion Technique. Journal of Basic Science and Engineering, EI,2004, S1:193-197.
 Wanli XIE, Jiading WANG, Jinhu YUAN, Rui’e Li. Application in Evaluation of Loess Collapsibility with Information Diffusion Technique. Applied Computational Intelligence. World Scientific: Blankenberge, Belgium, Sep. EI, 2004：350－357
 XIE Wan-li, WANG Jia-din, ZHANG Xin-jun, GU Tian-feng. Application in evaluation of loess collapsibility with the method of fuzzy information optimization processing. Journal of Northwest University(Natural Science Edition),2005, (1): 95-99.
 XIE Wan-li, WANG Jia-ding, ZHANG Lin-hong. Testing Study on Characteristics of Strength and Deformation for Coarse Materials. Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering, EI, 2005, (3):430-437.
 XIE Wan-li, WANG Jia-ding. Fuzzy information diffusion model for evaluation of stability of reinforced high embankment. Journal of Natural Disasters,2006, (1): 99-102.
 WANG Jia-ding, XIE Wan-li, LUO Feng-Tao.Finite Element Analysis on Stability of High Reinforced Embankment in Loess Valley. Scientia Geographica Sinica,2007, (2): 268-272.
 Xie Wanli, Xue Jiangong, Chang Bo.Triaxial Test on Dynamic Properties of Reinforced Soil.Journal of Catastrophology,2008, S1: 120-124.
He Xiaoliang, Xie Wanli, Ding Yong. Study on triaxial test of shear strength of loess in Southern Jingyang County.Journal of Engineering geology,2010, SUPPL: 76-80.
 Ma Yan, Xie Wanli, Peng Shujun. Study on reinforced scheme of reinforced loess by triaxial tests. 2011 2nd International Conference on Mechanic Automation and Control Engineering, MACE 2011 – Proceedings, p 6147-6151, 2011.( EI Compendex)
XIE Wan-li, WANG Jia-ding. Stability Analysis of Reinforced Loess Slope. Shannxi Scientific and Technical Publishers.2006,12
Zhang Linhong, Professor of Geotechnical Engineering , School of Hydroelectricity Engineering,