Office: Department of Geology 410
Call Phone: 13991333976
Department of Geology, Northwest University
229 North Taibai Road. Xi’an, 710069
Shaanxi Province, P.R. China
An Outline of Earth Sciences
Field Teaching Practice:
- Anhui Chaohu area field geological practice teaching for undergraduate.
- Ordos Basin-Qinling Orogenic Belt comprehensive geological field of teaching practice for Base Class Undergraduate.
Dr. Li’s research focuses on Deformation Structures in the Continental Crust and the study of relationship of the Basin-Mountain Coupling. He combines sedimentary and structural geology analysis to understand the development of the basin and mountain, to constrain the kinematics and mechanics of basin forming processes, and to unravel the tectonic history of mountain belts. At present I dedicated to the study on deformation with numerical modeling. Current field areas of research include the Qinling Orogenic belt of the China Central Orogenic System and the Central Asian Orogenic Belt in West China.
Chinese Academy of Geology Sciences, Beijing;
Ph.D.in Structural Geology.
Department of Geology, Northwest University, Xi’an;
MSc.in Mineralogy Petrology Mineral Deposit Geology.
College of Earth Science and Resources, Chang’an University, Xi’an;
Bachelor Degree in Geology
Associate Professor of Structural Geology in Department of Geology, Northwest University, Xi’an;
Assistant Engineer of Geological Engineering, Shaanxi Institute of Engineering Survey, Xi’an
EGU General Assembly in Austria
Abstract: Fission Track Analysis on Junggar Basin peripheral orogeny and Its Geological Significance
The 3rd Symposium on Structural Geology and Geodynamics, in Guangzhou
Abstract: Structural evolution and its kinetic setting of Mesozoic and Cenozoic basin at the junction of the East Qinling and West Qinling
The 2011 national petrology and earth dynamics seminar
Report: The Western Qinling Huicheng basin filling process and its restriction of Mesozoic intracontinental tectonic evolution
Main Scientific Projects
East and West Qinling transfer zone faults and the relationship between East and West Qinling transfer zone faults and Huicheng basin (National Natural Science Foundation of China, No.40802051), leader
Deformation chronology and uplift history of Liupanshan tectonic belt (Opening Foundation of State Key Laboratory of Continental Dynamics, Northwest University), leader
- Li Wei. Hu Jianmin Qu Hongjie.“ Fission Track Analysis of Junggar Basin Peripheral Orogen and Its Geological Significanc.” Acta Geologica Sinica , 2010, 84(2): 41-50.
- Li Wei. Hu Jianmin Qu Hongjie Discussion on Mesozoic basin boundary of the northern Junggar Basin, Xinjiang. Journal of Northwest University (Natural Science Edition), 2009,39(5):821-829.
- LI Wei, GAO Wei, LIU Shu-qin, LI Dun-peng, etal. Zircon Shrimp U-Pb dating of Buya granite and It’s geological significance discuss form the Southwest Traim Basin, Xinjing. Xinjiang Geology, 2007，25(3）：237-242
- Li Wei, Hu Jianmin, Li Dunpeng et al. Analysis of the Late Paleozoic and Mesozoic Paleocurrents and It′s Constructional Significance of theNorthern Bogdashan, Xinjian. Acta Sedimentologica Sinica, 2007, 25(2): 283-292
- Li Wei, Lu Jianmin, Gao Wei, et al. Discovery of a Devonian-Lower Carboniferous radiolarian assemblage in the Korgan area, South Tianshan Mountains. Geology in China, 2007, 34(4): 584-591
- LI Wei, ZHOU Ding-wu, LIU Yi-qun, LIANG Ji-wei. The division of Permian tectonic sequence and the feature of residual tectonic in Santanghu Basin. Journal of Northwest University (Natural Science Edition), 2005, 3(5): 617-620
- QU Hongjie, HU Jianmin, LI Wei, etal., The Characteristics of Sedimentation and Tectonic Evolution of Heshentuoluogai Basin in Early Mesozoic, Northwest Xinjiang. Acta Geologica Sinica, 2008, 84(2): 441-450
- ZHA Xianfeng; DONG Yunpeng; LI Wei; YANG Zhao; WAN Bin and YANG Chen. Uplifting Process of Foping Dome in Southern Qinling: Constrained by Structural Analysis. Geotectonica Etmetallogenia, 2010, 34(3): 331-339
- LIANG Ji-wei, GUO Yan-qing, LI Wei et al., Reservoir microfacies characteristics of lower member of Shanxi Formation in northwest part of Ordos Basin. Journal of Northwest University(Natural Scince Edition), 2007.10 37(5): 808-814
- FAN Ting-ting, ZHOU Xiao-hu, LIU Yi-qun, LI Wei et al., Crystal Tuff Zircon LA-ICP-MS U-Pb Ages from the Lower Jiangbasitao Formation in the East Daheishan Area, Xinjiang and Their Geological Implications. ACTA Sedimentologica Sinica, 2011, 29(2): 19-27
- LI Dun-peng, LI Xin-lin, ZHOU Xiao-kang, LI Wei et al,. SHRIMP U-Pb zircon dating of Neoarchean metagabbro dikes on the southwestern margin of the Tarim plate and its significance. Geology of China, 2007, 34(2): 262-268
- LIU Jingru, ZHANG Jiagui, ZHANG Yongshuang, WU Shuren and LI Wei. Discovery of massive cleaved rock mass along railway between Yunnan and Tibet and it’s implications. Journal of Engineering Geology, 2007.2 15(1): 001-007
- Dunpeng Li, Xinlin Li, Xiaokang Zhou, Xiangli Wang, Wei Li et al,. Discovery of a Permian paleo-seamount in the western segment of the Bayan Har Mountains, China and its significance. Geological Bulletin of China, 2007.8 26(8): 996-1002
- Yunpeng Dong, Guowei Zhang, Franz Neubauer, Xiaoming Liu, Christoph Hauzenberger, Dingwu Zhou, Wei Li. Syn-and post-collisional granitoids in the Central Tianshan orogen: Geochemistry, geochronology and implications for tectonic evolution, Condwana Research， Volume 20, Issues 2–3, September 2011, Pages 568–581